Wood Burning Stove Fan
What is a Stove Fan?
A stove fan is a heat powered fan that is designed to circulate heat around the room. By improving the circulation of warm air it can make the room more comfortable and reduce fuel consumption.
A Stove Fan is ideal when the stove is installed in to a fireplace and doesnt sit out of the fireplace very much. By installing a Stove fan on top the stove will help to push the heat out into the room to avoid the heat being lost into the chimney.
How Does a Stove Fan Work?
A Stove Fan works by generating its own electricity. In order to do this its needs a difference in temperature. The base of the stove fan needs a heat source of typically over 60 Degrees Centigrade whilst the top part of the stove fan must remain cool.
The Stove fans have a thermo-electric module which acts as a mini generator to power the stoves fan motor. When the Module has a variance of heat temperatures (hot at bottom and cool at top) it generates electricity. The base of the fan heats the bottom surface of the module, while the top of the module is kept cooler by the fan's top cooling fins.
The Science behind a stove Fan
The Seebeck effect is a phenomenon in which a temperature difference between two dissimilar electrical semiconductors (P Type & N Type) produces a voltage difference between the two substances. With the introduction of a temperature difference heat flows across the joined semiconductors which in turn permits electrons to flow. With the electron flow or current comes the ability to power electrical devices such as the fan's motor.
Why Should I Buy A Stove Fan?
- Free to run - A stove fan costs nothing to run! Using only the heat from the stove to run it has zero running costs and does not require any batteries or cables. Simply sit on top of the stove.
- Maintenance Free - The fans are designed to be maintenance free although you may wish to give them a light clean from time to time. To clean the blades use a light detergent to remove any dust etc.
- Easy to set up - Simply place in a suitable place and watch the fan jump into life after the heat starts to transfer through the base.
- Increased efficiency - warm air is pushed out into the living area rather than just rising to the ceiling above the stove. This improves the heating effectiveness of the stove and results in greater room comfort as shown below.
Where can I buy a stove fan?
Stove Spares Ltd has a wide range of high quality stove fans available to choose from. We have 3 blade versions as well as 4 blade versions and also different colours to choose from.
- 3 Blade Stove Fan - High quality stove fan with 3 blades. A great stove fan that offers value for money.
- 4 Blade Stove Fan (Black) - High quality stove fan with 4 large blades that will produce more air flow than the standard 3 blade version.
- 4 Blade Stove Fan (Gold) - Same fan as the black version but the fans are finished in a really nice gold finish to make the fan more of a stand out feature in the home.
If you have any further questions or would like to purchase a Stove fan over the phone please contact our team on 01646 278010